In this post, I share everything about my life in the month of April. Buckle up because it’s going to be a wild ride!
At the end of the month, I always like to reflect on everything that happened, everything I did, and everything I enjoyed.
April was a wild month, to say the least! Here’s what happened.
WHAT I EXPERIENCED:
- My boyfriend and I went on the Original Chicago Ghost Bus Tour and it was awesome! Our bus driver was a little, uh . . . lost. Nonetheless, we had a great time and I got a surprise: a spooky picture at Hull House!
- My school started a hybrid learning model, so I had to adjust to being back in the classroom, teaching in-person, and, on top of that, teaching virtually at the same time. It’s been chaotic, but I’m finally starting to get the hang of it.
- I bought a pyrite ring in the beginning of the month and let me tell you, it has brought lots of money and job luck! If you’re looking to find a new job, come across more money, or overall increase your “wealth” (not necessarily money wealth if you get what I’m saying) in life, I recommend you get some pyrite. I’ll admit that I was a crystal and stone skeptic, but I am fully converted based on what has come my way since getting the ring.
- I got my second dose COVID vaccine so I am fully vaccinated!
- Yesterday was my grandmother’s 90th birthday, but we’re celebrating today! I’m blessed to still have her in my life and I’m grateful for all of the things she’s done for me. This woman helped raise me, and I’m forever grateful for everything she taught me and for dealing with me.
If you’d like to read more about the ghost tour or my experiences owning a pyrite ring, let me know in the comments! I can also share how I’m managing a hybrid classroom if any teachers are interested.
WHAT I WATCHED:
- My college hosted a virtual Q&A with Amy Poehler and Tina Fey, so my friends and I all got together to watch it live on Zoom and ask questions.
- I watch The Oscars every year, so it’s only right that I watched them this year, even if they were pushed back all the way to April. I usually partake in (and win) an Oscars predictions competition with my family, but none of us know a majority of the films up for nomination. That being said, the reigning champ is taking a hiatus this year and will be back in full force next year.
- I also started Outlander while recovering from my second COVID vaccine and I’m obsessed — not sure if it’s because of the plot or because of Jamie Frazer. I’m somewhere in Season 2, but I’m taking a break because where I’m at right now is really slow.
- During my Outlander break, I started binge watching the second season of The Circle because Amy Poehler admitted in the Q&A that she breezed through it — I’ll admit, I stayed up until the wee hours of the morning binging one night. I didn’t even know Season 2 was out and I loved Season 1, so I’m not going to get any sleep until I know who wins!
WHAT I READ:
WHAT I LISTENED TO:
- “Goosebumps Remix” Travis Scott and HVME
- “Levitating & Baby One More Time Remix” by Adam Wright
- “MONTERO (Call Me By Your Name)” by Lil Nas X
WHAT I POSTED:
- New Blog, Who This? — Blogging
- Blog Feature: The Coffee Witch — Blogging
- Hot Oil Treatments – What, Why, & How — Beauty
April was an interesting month. It had it’s ups and downs, but I’m grateful for everything that has come my way this month. April has been good to me, and most definitely a month to rejuvenate and grow. As they say, “April showers bring May flowers” and I’m ready to bloom!
IN THE COMMENTS . . .
Share how your April was! What did you do, watch, read, listen to, or posted?
LET’S GET SOCIAL:
SUBSCRIBE AND FOLLOW:
Want to earn AND save money? Click here to check out how you can earn and save money on everyday purchases.